Happy New Year!
We're open and continuing to ship all orders as they come in; our promise is that we will deliver your packages but expect delays.
We thank you for your patience and patronage.
Health Benefits of Grass Fed Beef
Recent research and studies have discovered that there are numerous health benefits of grass fed beef. These benefits are found only in grass fed and finished beef. In order to be considered 100% Grass Fed and finished the animal must spend its entire life foraging or grazing on grass.
A.E.S. Inc also supplies Black Angus beef that is certified and carefully bred. Black Angus beef is high quality consistent beef with superior Black Angus genetics. Premium Gold Angus beef is simply the most delicious offered in the market place today. This is branded beef that primarily offers consumers with superior taste and tenderness every time.
Summary Benefits–Grass Fed Beef
• High in Omega 3 fatty acids (heart healthy).
• Richest source of “CLA”, Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
• Lowers your bad LDL cholesterol levels.
• According to the Journal of Animal Science grass fed beef can have the same fat content of boneless, skinless chicken.
• Switching to grass fed beef will save you 17, 773 calories a year!
• Choose beef that is red to deep red with creamy white fat.
• Beef should have a good, fresh smell.
• Avoid packages with excessive liquid.
• If you don’t plan to use the beef within the next few days, freeze it immediately.
• Ground meats are more perishable than roasts or steaks. They should not be kept more than 2 days in the refrigerator. Ground beef can be frozen for up to 4 months.
• Steaks and roasts can be refrigerated for up to 4 days or frozen for 6 to 12 months.
• Prevent freezer burn by re-wrapping the meat in moisture-proof, airtight materials, such as food freezer bags or heavy-duty aluminum.
• Wash hands with hot soapy water before and after handling beef.
• Wash knives, counter tops, and cutting boards with hot soapy water immediately after meat contact.
• Do not use the meat knife to cut vegetables without washing the knife and cutting board first. Wiping off is not sufficient to kill bacteria.
• Never place cooked meat back on the same platter used before cooking.
• Tougher cuts of meat may require 6 hours to marinate. Do not marinate for more than 24 hours or the texture will be affected. Always defrost and marinate in the refrigerator.
Beef - Read More